Monday, March 23, 2009

It's about to get really quiet...

Red River is full of cars again, the crowds have made their drunk little ways home, and Austin seems generally subdued. The Indonesian boys have cleared out of our living room, my email inbox is forlorn, sleep is being reincorporated into my daily routine and Phil (my bike) gets to roam around town at our leisure again.

Nathan has gone to New York to clear his head for a week before post production kicks off, and it seems like we're pretty much done with shooting. We're still in talks about what the possibilities are with pickup shoots in April -- Belaire will be recording and there are still a few things to get on film.

So what happens now? I'm going to stick around town for a few weeks, editing some stuff for a friend and whatnot. Jason and I are sitting down Thursday to talk about making a short doc together, which I'm very excited about. I'll be able to finish reading the book I started three weeks ago. I'm not sure how I'll be making rent, but if worse comes to worst, I'm not really using both kidneys. I'm always down for taking photos of your band, and if anyone is interested, you can see my photography work --> HERE <--. And then you can email me (jgazdag at gmail dot com) and we can make photographic magic!

As for the blog, it's been great to have a place to keep track of this whole experience. Clearly, I've had an amazing time working on this film, and I'm sad to see it be over. I'll be traveling for the next few months (hiking!), but Nathan will probably be updating here during the editing process, so check back regularly! Also, I've just recently noticed that people have been leaving comments, so I apologize for not responding. I've tweaked the settings to notify me of comments from now on, so feel free to leave some!

Signing off, for now....

~J
Red River sunset

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So when can we expect the film?

Julia said...

Sometime next year :)