Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Beauty Bar gets Art Disastered and I run off to the woods to wear flannel

We spent all afternoon on Red River getting some sweet steadycam shots of Cari and then Bill Baird. Then we headed over to Beauty Bar, where Dániel Perlaky was throwing his annual Art Disaster SXSW party. Nathan and Rob got all sorts of footage following Dániel around, crowd shots, and the whole festival scene.

They left as soon as they were done, but despite a long tiring day and a gnawing headache, I couldn't bring myself to leave knowing the night's lineup on the outdoor stage. At midnight Belaire played a fantastic set, setting the crowd a dancing and smiling. It's really difficult to photograph them during a show. Or rather, it's difficult to keep my camera steady enough for a good picture when my feet are so motivated and restless to daaaaance.

Belaire @ Art Disaster

Belaire @ Art Disaster

Belaire @ Art Disaster

Belaire @ Art Disaster

Belaire @ Art Disaster

Following Belaire, the last set of the night was none other than Eprhyme, with Y-Love and Diwon. I absolutely had to stay to watch, since Eprhyme is better known to me as my friend Eden, who I worked with last fall at a Jewish farm/retreat center up in Falls Village, Connecticut. He was one of the first people I met, and taught me all sorts of interesting things. What a small world indeed! The boys brought some great energy, and got the crowd doing some crazy moves.

Eprhyme @ Art Disaster
Eprhyme

Eprhyme and Y Love @ Art Disaster
Eprhyme + Y Love

Tomorrow we're shadowing Bill Baird all day, starting early in the morning with a radio show , following him to a day show and another radio broadcast, and ending with a showcase show. It's now 3:30am, which means I'll be able to get a whole 3 hours of sleep until then! Yay? It's an intense week, but also our last one.

Production is officially done on Sunday, though we may still do some pickups in April. For now, though, we're clawing our way through this last stretch, adamant to get everything and get it right. Everyone's exhausted and stressed, and it's tough to keep our focus. I seem to be opting for escapism as my solution, and have pretty much spent the past few weeks daydreaming of throwing my phone in a lake and going hiking in Oregon.You could say I'm pining for the pines... har har (it's pun city, and I'm mayor!). Knowing myself, I'll probably buy a plane ticket up there the second we wrap.



There are still at least five long days until then, though, filled with $x$w magic and wonder...

No comments: