Sunday, December 14, 2008

We've stopped counting days

Yesterday morning the crew woke up at 5 to get shots of the city at sunrise. Later, we were going to film the Undiscovered Austin show at the Mohawk, since we filmed some stuff with Fresh Boy Crew on Friday, but ended up not shooting.

On my way home I stopped for a taco at El Chilito, and saw a girl putting up a Finally Punk/Cry Blood Apache flier for a show at Emo's on the 27th. I struck up a conversation, and it turns out she's a member of Finally Punk, which I found very exciting, since they're a band I have a special fondness for. It's a 4-piece all girl band with a great sense of humor and a fun stage presence that isn't all that easy to come by. I just thought it was a nice Austin moment. My iPod is no longer a little device that holds my music, but a living entity running around town and showing up at Bouldin Creek and the local taco stand. Is this what tourists in Hollywood feel like?

Today we're shooting a continuation of an interview I did with Cari from Belaire a few months ago, for my other blog. This time I get to go in with two incredible cameras, which is pretty exciting! I know I may have a biased opinion on the subject, but the way this film is coming together and the quality of the work we're doing... I'm just saying, you guys should be very excited. Great things are happening here.

No comments: