Friday, December 5, 2008

Creekside Lounge Allstars

Tonight at Creekside Lounge, three of the four bands playing were ones we're following! Naturally, we were there to film it all. Cari's (of Belaire fame) other project School Police opened, followed by a band called Reverse X-Rays, then {{{sunset}}} and finally Peter and the Wolf.

All the bands gave strong and unique performances. The only one I'd seen perform before tonight was {{{sunset}}}, so it was great to have a chance not see more than one band I love for the first time in a single night. I'm beginning to think I've moved into my iPod. It sure seems that way.

Filming went really well, and with the use of our newly acquired stereo microphone, the sound for this film is going to be fantastic. It's not all fun and games, though -- by the end of the night all of us were beyond exhausted. Rest is nowhere in sight either, since in a few hours we're hitting the road with Red Hunter and his band (Peter and the Wolf aka. Mellow Owl) for a week! I'm torn between being extremely excited and wanting to sleep for days. However, duty calls...

Before I go, though, here are some pictures from tonight's show. Special thanks to Ceci Norman for the use of her camera lens, which is far superior to my own. I would also like to thank everyone who found me tonight and complimented me on this blog so far. It seemed like at least half of tonight's Creekside audience is reading this, and I was slightly flabbergasted at all the enthusiasm. Thanks for reading (tell your friends)!

_MG_7598
School Police

_MG_7637
I tried to get a candid shot of Cari and Nathan but she caught me


_MG_7662
{{{sunset}}}



_MG_7691
Bill Baird of {{{sunset}}}


_MG_7737
Peter and the Wolf / Mellow Owl


_MG_7753
Nathan getting yet another great shot


_MG_7760
Red Hunter

Check back Saturday night for a tour update!

1 comment:

memorablecontent said...

thanks for the thanks. Always happy to help and be involved in awesome projects in any way!!